“Great course! Great facilitator! Very good use of time, great investment.” “Great Course. Interesting. The day went by quickly. All workshops helped me to clearly understand the concept(s) that were being taught.” “Exceeded expectations. The pace was perfect and a lot of good examples that were very relevant to the Public Sector. Looking forward to using these concepts on a daily basis and will be highly recommending that this course be widely introduced within my organization.”
- comments received from course participants
Lean Fundamentals is the first step in the Lean Journey. This one-day course is a hands-on introduction for employees who want to learn new ways of working with Lean in the federal public sector to increase operational effectiveness in such areas as:
- Service Delivery (Programs and Internal Services)
- Information Management
- Information Technology
- Response Times and Approvals
- Administration of Regulations
- Human Resources
- Environmental Assessments
- Policy Development
- Administrative Support
- Procurement and Contracting
Lean Fundamentals mixes theory and practical application to give participants a starting point for departmental business process modernization initiatives and activities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Employees, managers, and professionals with direct or indirect responsibility for operational effectiveness who are new to Lean and would like to learn more about how Lean can optimize the flow of their work environment.
- Managers and Executives. BP&M is happy to provide specialized courses for the Executive and CIO level. Please contact us for more information.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the Five (5) Lean Principles
- Know how Lean focuses on the development of people
- Undertake a different way of thinking about process improvement
- Be able to recognize Lean tools and their benefits
- Understand the notion of the Value Stream
- Be able to identify Value Add and Non-Value Add activities
- Recognize Waste categories and types
The White Belt course provides Lean knowledge and skills that you can immediately apply at work. As you achieve efficiencies and learn more about Lean, we’ll help you record your Lean Development Units (LDUs) and Lean Registered Improvements (LRIs) to achieve your Lean White Belt. This achievement opens the door to the Lean Tools & Techniques (Yellow Belt) component of your journey.